Holidays are coming! When I think of the Holidays and family classics, The Nutcracker always comes to mind. But this year, it will be coming to us in a whole new way! We are excited about seeing Disney’s The Nutcracker And The Four Realms starring Kiera Knightley, Helen Mirren, Matthew Macfadyen, Morgan Freeman and Mackenzie Foy as “Clara.”
Synopsis: All Clara (Mackenzie Foy) wants is a key – a one-of-a-kind key that will unlock a box that holds a priceless gift. A golden thread, presented to her at godfather Drosselmeyer’s (Morgan Freeman) annual holiday party, leads her to the coveted key—which promptly disappears into a strange and mysterious parallel world. It’s there that Clara encounters a soldier named Phillip (Jayden Fowora-Knight), a gang of mice and the regents who preside over three Realms: Land of Snowflakes, Land of Flowers and Land of Sweets. Clara and Phillip must brave the ominous Fourth Realm, home to the tyrant Mother Ginger (Helen Mirren), to retrieve Clara’s key and hopefully return harmony to the unstable world. Starring Keira Knightley as the Sugar Plum Fairy, Disney’s new holiday feature film “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” is directed by Lasse Hallström and Joe Johnston, and inspired by E.T.A. Hoffmann’s classic tale.
If the Nutcracker leaves you inspired, you should check out this delicious recipe for Candied Pecans, a highlight of the Christmas season:
- 1 pound of pecan halves
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tablespoon of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- he egg white until it is foamy. Add the water and beat well until it has soft peaks.
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Sift together all the dry goods.
- Beat t
- Add the sugar mixture to the egg whites and mix well.
- Pour over pecans and stir well.
- Spread pecans evenly on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring every ten minutes.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container. As if you will have any left to store. I think I should petition for this to be served in the theaters for this movie showing. 🙂
For more information about the movie please go to: https://movies.disney.com/the-nutcracker-and-the-four-realms