Someone asked me why I have so many children. Here is the answer I gave: Children are a blessing from the Lord. Have you met my kids? They are awesome!!!
Here is what I want to say:
1. Have you met my husband? I just can’t keep my hands off him.
2. I am planning to take over the world and am raising them as my minions.
3. I hate housework. I keep having kids so that they can do all the chores.
4. Home security.
5. I am trying to raise the IQ in my home state.
6. They are my body guards. We spend a lot of money on martial art and gun training.
7. I am raising warriors for the Lord. If the church isn’t growing, it won’t be because I did not do my part!
8. Are these MY children? I was wondering why they kept following me asking for food.
9. We are going to keep trying until we get a perfect child (just for the record, Rebecca seems pretty perfect so far, so we may have a jackpot).
10. We get bored, so we have another baby.
11. My husband makes far too much money. I need a way to spend it all before we die.
12. I like 15 passenger vans. I think they are super-cool. You should see the radio I have in that thing!
13. I have an excess of energy. Since I have so much, I have to have lots of littles to keep me busy.
14. I like having a whole row in church. It makes me feel presidential.
15. I like a good challenge now and then.
16. I like experimenting on them to see which theories are true. I have a minor in psychology, you know.
But the real answer is:
God said children are a blessing, and like everything he says, it is 100% true. I love these children, young and old, and cannot imagine life without them. Each day I feel blessed to be married to Duncan Russell and to share these blessings with him. My children are wonderful, witty, intelligent, funny, and a delight. They also challenge me in ways that only children can do- helping me grow in faith and Christ-likeness.
Who says with six children I have a large family? Read here for my thoughts on that: http://www.homemaking911.com/2012/04/24/large-family-who-says/
Click here to get these articles delivered straight to your Amazon Kindle, includes wireless delivery via Amazon Whispernet.
About the Author
This article may be reprinted freely in your publications or on your website, provided it is reprinted in its entirety and the biographical information is kept intact. Thank you!
We'd love to consider publishing your articles! Please send your submission to email@example.com with the subject Article Submission and we will be glad to review it for possible inclusion on our website!