Why do you have so many children? My answers.
Someone asked me why I have so many children. Here is the answer I gave: Children are a blessing from the Lord. Have you met my kids? They are awesome!!!
Here is what I want to say:
1. Have you met my husband? I just can’t keep my hands off him.
2. I am planning to take over the world and am raising them as my minions.
3. I hate housework. I keep having kids so that they can do all the chores.
4. Home security.
5. I am trying to raise the IQ in my home state.
6. They are my body guards. We spend a lot of money on martial art and gun training.
7. I am raising warriors for the Lord. If the church isn’t growing, it won’t be because I did not do my part!
8. Are these MY children? I was wondering why they kept following me asking for food.
9. We are going to keep trying until we get a perfect child (just for the record, Rebecca seems pretty perfect so far, so we may have a jackpot).
10. We get bored, so we have another baby.
11. My husband makes far too much money. I need a way to spend it all before we die.
12. I like 15 passenger vans. I think they are super-cool. You should see the radio I have in that thing!
13. I have an excess of energy. Since I have so much, I have to have lots of littles to keep me busy.
14. I like having a whole row in church. It makes me feel presidential.
15. I like a good challenge now and then.
16. I like experimenting on them to see which theories are true. I have a minor in psychology, you know.
But the real answer is:
God said children are a blessing, and like everything he says, it is 100% true. I love these children, young and old, and cannot imagine life without them. Each day I feel blessed to be married to Duncan Russell and to share these blessings with him. My children are wonderful, witty, intelligent, funny, and a delight. They also challenge me in ways that only children can do- helping me grow in faith and Christ-likeness.
Who says with six children I have a large family? Read here for my thoughts on that: http://www.homemaking911.com/2012/04/24/large-family-who-says/